Thursday, September 24, 2009

Prayer of Wonder for our Little Peanut #2

All-loving God,
I am filled with wonder when I consider the power of your Spirit. You create the billions of galaxies with trillions of stars. You formed the earth into a garden that nourishes the plentiful species of life. You loved me into existence and cared for me as I grew into womanhood. It was you who prepared my body, mind, and soul for the miracle of conception.
You are present, knitting together all the delicate parts of the new life I carry within me. My body intuits your artistry as you sculpt tiny cells into hands, feet, inner organs, brain, and heart. You have made my body, mind, and spirit into a sacred vessel that even now is creating an awesome masterpiece-a unique expression of your goodness, beauty, and truth. Together we share this thrilling experience that you initiate, nurture, and bring to fullness. How I marvel at this precious gift of your love!
Help me, Lord, to enter the mystery unfolding deep within my womb. Allow me to accept this gift with wonder and excitement. Permit me to relish the life I carry as it grows and changes me. I freely give you my body, mind, and spirit as my unique gift to our child.
Amen.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139: 13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment